The Milojević Polyclinic always strives to be up to date with the latest achievements and inventions in aesthetic medicine. We are thus proud to be the first in Croatia and among the first in Europe to introduce this new method. Hundreds of satisfied patients have already witnessed the natural and effective results of the PRGF blood plasma treatment at our Polyclinic. Plasma full growth factor from your own blood is injected into your skin and gives excellent skin rejuvenation results. With a special method, using the same PRGF system, we can now make a gel from your own blood. It has the same properties and gives the same results as the hyaluronic dermal fillers. This completely natural, effective and safe method is becoming one of the most popular anti-aging treatments worldwide.
What is a PRGF plasma gel filler?
After the blood-extraction procedure and the separation of blood plasma in a special centrifuge in the same process used prepare the PRGF blood plasma for skin rejuvenation, a special method and a device are used to heat part of the plasma, resulting in a gel. The gel is then mixed with growth factor-rich plasma. The resulting formulation can then be injected into the face as filler. The gel filler is applied for the same purpose as Botox or dermal fillers: to alleviate lines, fill uneven skin, for face shaping, and to restore lost face volume. Autologous plasma gel fillers of normal and high viscosity can be prepared. Normal viscosity gel is used to treat thinner lines and smaller skin depressions. It is comparable to hyaluronic fillers such as Restylane Classic or Juvederm Volbella. The high viscosity PRGF filler gel is used for deeper depressions and lines, and when a greater amount of face volume needs to be restored. Its functioning can be compared to that of thicker hyaluronic fillers such as Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Volum.
How is the plasma gel filler injected?
Prior to treatment, we administer local anaesthesia in the form of the EMLA cream. After that, 3 ml of the plasma filler is injected through 3 ampoules similar to those used with the hyaluronic dermal filler. The gel filler is applied by a similar method to the hyaluron but for additional effect we infiltrate the entire zone with liquid growth factors from plasma. The treatment is almost painless.
How long do the results last?
The results achieved with the plasma gel filler last for 4-6 months. This is somewhat shorter than with the hyaluronic dermal fillers, but 3 ml of plasma gel filler are obtained in each treatment (equivalent of 3 ampoules of hyaluronic dermal filler) and the price is lower, so that in the long term, this natural treatment is not costlier for the patient.
What are the advantages of the PRGF plasma gel filler?
- The filler is made out of client's own blood plasma, meaning that it is autologous, i.e. identical to your body. It is thus completely natural and safe and integrates into the tissue better.
- In each treatment, 3 ml of filler is obtained, allowing injections for a large volume.
- Plasma gel fillers are bioactive because they contain the growth factor. They do not just work to increase volume but additionally stimulate the growth of new collagen and hyaluron, and thus contribute to long-term skin rejuvenation results.
- The preparation at the Polyclinic is quick and easy: it only takes 30 minutes.
- It is possible to prepare gels of different densities, depending on the client's needs and expectations of the treatment.
What can be treated?
- frown lines
- crow's feet
- nasolabial (vertical nose-to-mouth) lines
- marionette lines (creases at corners of the mouth)
- restoring cheek volume
- bags under the eyes
- increasing lip volume
- smoker's lines